WHY TAGLIT – BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL?
At a time of rampant assimilation, disaffection with organized Jewish life, and a growing gap between world Jewish communities and Israel, Taglit – Birthright has proven extraordinarily successful in connecting young Jewish adults to Jewish tradition, the Jewish people, and the Jewish homeland.
WHAT IS TAGLIT – BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL?
Taglit-Birthright Israel provides peer group educational trips to Israel for young Jewish adults ages 18 to 26 in order to strengthen Jewish identity, enhance a sense of solidarity with world Jewry, and nurture a connection to the State of Israel.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Birthright offers a free round-trip ticket and ten days of intensive Jewish educational experiences to first-time visitors to Israel
- Birthright is an umbrella organization that provides the gift of the trip, accredits individual trip organizers to run Birthright programs and sets down basic guidelines
- Various frameworks include community trips, niche trips, and special needs trips
- An essential component of each trip is a personal encounter/s between young Diaspora Jews and their Israeli counterparts
- The trip is part of a comprehensive framework of Jewish identity formation
HOW IS IT UNIQUE?
- The program has made a trip to Israel one of the transformative milestones of modern Jewish identity among non-Orthodox young adults
- Research has shown that Birthright sparks a passion for Jewish enrichment and catalyzes Jewish communal involvement among participants while restoring the centrality of Israel to their lives
- The encounters with their Diaspora counterparts strengthen the sense of kinship Israeli youth feel with and Jews around the world
WHOM DOES IT HELP?
- 28,000 young Jewish adults from over 50 countries each year
- The State of Israel
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
Every dollar you contribute will help a young Jew recover his/her lost birthright! Donate Now