WHY BULLET–PROOF AMBULANCES?
- Magen David Adom ambulances are deployed throughout Israel, including areas adjacent to the Palestinian Authority and in isolated Israeli settlements in Judea and Samaria
- Many of these areas are located far from hospitals and access to them is via hazardous areas that pose a security threat to passengers as well as drivers
- Bullet-proof ambulances provide an immediate response in case of terror attacks, sometimes even before the troops arrive on the scene, as well as in other medical emergencies where ambulances are needed
WHAT IS A BULLET–PROOF AMBULANCE?
A bullet–proof ambulance is a Chevrolet SAVANA 350 type van, enhanced with strengthened front suspension to increase its total weight and reinforced to make it bullet–proof.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It is equipped with sealed armor protection (doors and chassis) and 33mm-thick shielded windows
- The dashboard is shielded by firewall protection that does not impair the vehicle’s functioning and the roof is shielded to protect it from a 30 degree angle of gun fire
- The wheels are equipped with a “Run Flat” device that allows the driver to continue moving even if the tires are hit by gunfire
WHOM DOES IT HELP?
The entire population of security-sensitive areas, who are frequently exposed to terror attacks and other security incidents that require immediate lifesaving intervention, and particularly the greater Jerusalem area, the Gaza Envelope area, and the West Bank, including the Jordan Valley settlements.
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
It costs $334,000 to purchase one fully operational bullet–proof ambulance.
Every dollar you contribute will help save lives of Israeli men, women, and children in case of a terror attack! DONATE NOW ONLINE.
The project is also supported by government funds.