WHAT IS THE PROGRAM TO CONVERT NATURAL GAS INTO LIQUID FUEL?
It is a research program that focuses on developing catalysts to convert natural gas into a liquid that can serve as an alternative to gasoline.
WHY THE PROGRAM TO CONVERT NATURAL GAS INTO LIQUID FUEL?
Natural gas is a premium fuel because of its high heating value and clean burning characteristics. However, as a gas, it is difficult to transport from source to market. This research will make possible the simple and cheap conversion of natural gas into liquid fuels that can serve as a substitute for gasoline in vehicles.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Ethanol (drinking alcohol), made from corn and sugarcane is currently used as car fuel in Brazil, the United States and Europe
- Conversion of methane, the principal component of natural gas into ethanol, will make available large quantities of that fuel that can replace gasoline as a fuel
- A research team headed by a leading chemist is developing thermally stable catalysts that can operate under ultra-high vacuum conditions and at very high temperatures
HOW DOES IT HELP?
- It will help weaken the crude oil monopoly in the transportation sector
- It will shrink oil-funded revenues that support terror against Western democracies
- It will lead to decreased dependence on foreign oil
HOW YOU CAN HELP?
It costs US $ 110,000* to support the research needed in order to commercialize the conversion of natural gas into a liquid fuel that can serve as an alternative to gasoline.
Every dollar you contribute will help liberate the world from its dependence on crude oil! Donate now The project is also supported by matching government funds.