WHAT IS SOLAR GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY ON WATER SURFACES?
It is a novel system for the solar generation of electricity developed by the Israeli Solaris Synergy start-up company that utilizes Floating-Concentrated Photo Voltaic technology on inland water surfaces.
WHY SOLAR GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY ON WATER SURFACES?
- While nearly 100% of the world's solar energy systems are land-based, most of the sun’s energy hitting the earth falls on water surfaces
- The Solaris system uses non-toxic materials and generates clean, cost-effective solar electricity
- It improves water quality in the bodies of water in which it is installed by inhibiting algae growth
- It reduces evaporation due to the wide outline of the solar panels that cover most of the water's surface
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Using standard silicon cells, with medium concentration, the system provides high cell efficiency at a competitive cost
- A modular floating platform of solar panels is placed on a body of water to collect and utilize the vast resources of solar radiation on water surfaces
- The pilot project at the reservoir of Mekorot, Israel’s National Water Company, will bring the prototype to commercial readiness
HOW DOES IT HELP?
- It provides an environmentally-friendly source of energy
- It reduces the cost of energy
- It decreases dependence on foreign oil
HOW YOU CAN HELP
It costs US $ 460,000* to fund the pilot project at Mekorot.
Every dollar you contribute will help further worldwide solar energy goals!
The project is also supported by matching government funds.