WHY SHELTERED HOUSING?
The shortage of low-rent housing in Israel is imposes great hardships on many elderly Israelis who do not own their own homes. The situation is particularly severe for indigent elderly immigrants, mostly from the FSU, who have no assets and lack an extensive support system of family and friends.
WHAT IS AMIGOUR HOUSING FOR THE ELDERLY?
Subsidized housing facilities throughout Israel for indigent elderly residents, primarily new immigrants
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Each individual/couple lives in a small, well-maintained, and secure apartment that includes a living/sleeping area, kitchenette, and bathroom
- Amigour facilities are run by a dedicated staff that includes administrators, social workers and caregivers, if necessary
- Residents enjoy a wide range of activities that provide social interaction and enrichment: Hebrew ulpan, classes and lectures, trips, visits to museums and the theatre, holiday celebrations, and much more
HOW IS IT UNIQUE?
- For a nominal monthly fee, residents enjoy independent living while being part of a small, sheltered community
- Based on the social management model it developed, Amigour helps to better senior citizens' quality of life and enhance their sense of personal worth
WHOM DOES IT HELP?
Over 7,500 seniors, a large number of them Holocaust survivors, who live in 57 Amigour sheltered housing facilities
HOW YOU CAN HELP THEM
Every dollar you contribute will help provide a better life for a needy elderly Israeli! Donate now